This past Thursday we had an information meeting. We discussed the vision for Community Church to include outreach and discipleship paths. Here is a brief outline of some topics we covered.
Partnering with one another to develop lives full of hope and purpose, as we connect with God, each other, and strive to make a positive impact on our world.
PLANTING CHURCHES THAT PLANT CHURCHES
Community Church will enter into this ministry with the understanding it has a mid range goal to plant a church. The church we plant will also be founded with the goal to plant a church, and so on.
WORSHIP SERVICES: We want to foster an environment that’s warm and welcoming.
What to expect for church service:
- Feel free to dress in casual clothes or suite and tie. The pastor will be casual most of the time.
- Music will be a mixture of contemporary music and traditional hymns.
- There will always be a time of prayer during the service. (an opportunity to pray at the alter)
- Service will be 60 – 70 minutes.
- Coffee will be available as a form of hospitality and convenience.
- The order of worship is subject to change from week to week.
- Sermons will teach practical Biblical principles using a modern approach. (Videos, music, drama presentations, PowerPoint, etc.)
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- Jesus is God and part of a Holy Trinity including God the Father and the Holy Spirit
- Jesus was born of the virgin Mary; lived a perfect life and died on a cross as a sacrifice for our sins. He was raised by God and sits on God’s right hand making intercessions for us today.
- Jesus is the only way to Salvation and is only obtained by faith in Him.
- The Bible is God’s word and we believe it is true and without error.
God is responsible for salvation and worrying about sin. We’ll focus on the following:
- Loving God, & Loving People
- Making disciples through relationships
- Audio/ Visual Technician
- Greeters/ Ushers
- Youth Workers
- Praise Band
- Cleaning Team
- Food Services Team
- Sunday School Teachers
- Nursery Team
- GO Team Members
- Membership is open to Christians
- Membership involves an active commitment to serving somewhere in the church.
- Inform the Pastor. He will announce your membership during church service. (We don’t vote on membership).
Bible studies scheduled for the next two Wednesday evenings.
- May 31, 2017 – 5:30 PM Meal (free) 6:30 PM Bible Study
- June 7, 2017 – 6:30 PM Bible Study
Everyone is welcome to come and join us for the Bible studies as well as the journey ahead.